Spiritual / Inner Life
- 8 Ways to Say "No!" by David Murray. For folks who have trouble with, you know, just saying "No."
- 7 Inescapable Choices Pastors' Wives Face by Kathy Ferguson Litton for Flourish.
- Stop Saving Your Stickers by Brooke McAlary. Oh, how this one resonated with me. (Except in my case it was coloring book pages instead of stickers.)
- Where I. Am. the. Mom. by Christy Duffy at Where I Am. This went viral, for good reason. This is a new to me blog but I'm subscribing now. The follow-up to her viral post:
- Who's In Charge? It's so crazy to me that we have to discuss this, but that's where we live now and ignoring this stuff does NOT make it go away. And another one:
- Rita Skeeters Among Us. Having a post go viral must be a wild ride.
- Cool at 13, Adrift at 23 by Jan Hoffman in the New York Times. Not to be too snarky, but this shocks whom, exactly? My dad has been telling me all my life not to be the kind of person who thought their glory days were in highschool. Can you imagine peaking in middle school? *shudder*
- How Homeschooling and Classical Christian Schooling Could Alter the Leadership of the Future by Tom Gilson for Breakpoint.
- Waste Your Time by Sarah Mackenzie for Simple Homeschool.
- Reading and the "Attention War" by Gracy Olmstead at The American Conservative.
- Ramona at Forty by Stephanie Lucianovic for the L.A. Review of Books. Fascinating look by an adult at a beloved childhood character.
- How I Wrote 400K Words in a Year by Jamie Todd Rubin. Write every day. Just do it. (I'm exhorting myself here.)
- My Invitation to be Filmed for TLC's Extreme Cheapskates by Andrea at Pennies & Pancakes. Thought this behind the scenes look was informative. (Just in case you've ever wondered, "Is this real?")
- Box Containing Christmas Gifts from Royal Family to World War 1 Soldiers Discovered from Royal Central. I love the royal family and I love history so this definitely caught my attention. (But can you imagine 100 year old chocolate?)
- The Left-Right Political Spectrum is Bogus by Crispin Sartwell. Long, but thought provoking and worth it if you have the time.
- The Manufactured Immigration Crisis on the Texas Border by John Daniel Davidson for The Federalist.
- How the Trans-Agenda Seeks to Redefine Everyone by Stella Morabito for The Federalist.
- Site Refunds Donations for Alleged KFC Hoax from The Clarion-Ledger. The facts about this story are still murky but it drives me nuts how these things go viral before ANYONE REALLY KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED. Cut.it.out, people. Stop sharing this stuff around Facebook when you don't know the people involved or the facts of the case either way. [/rant]
- 28 Things Only Stay at Home Mums Will Understand from Buzzfeed (language and content warning for this site). Maybe it's just the British-isms but I found this charming and very, very true. (Especially that last one. NO MORE.) Related:
- The Definitive Ranking of Things That Will Test a Parent's Patience also from Buzzfeed (same language & content warnings).
- 25 Very Real Struggles of Making New Friends as an Adult from Buzzfeed. Yep.
- Speaking of Buzzfeed, this is not so fun: Buzzfeed Tracks Your Quiz Answers and the Results May Surprise You by Sam Machkovech. Will this stop me from finding out what cheese I am? Maybe not. But it does give me pause.
What caught your eye this week?
Linking up with:
Linking up with: