- Timeline Helps from Homeschool in the Woods. How to use timelines, inspiration, lots of resources both for purchase and free.
- Hyper History. An online timeline resource.
- Notebooking Pages. Free and paid printables. The free section includes many that are great for enhancing history: biography pages, famous missionary pages, timelines, and geography printables.
- ClipArt Etc. Lots of printable images, including Ancient History, American History, Places, Military and many more.
- Online review quizzes for History and Geography are available at Quizlet. (Plus many other subjects!)
- Free History lapbooks and unit studies from Tina's Dynamic Homeschool.
- Learn all about Greek myths on Mythweb.
- Theoi Greek Mythology. Extensive galleries, bios and connections. Extensive links to other sites.
- Paper Dolls of Ancient History: free printables from Practical Pages. I love this blog!
- Clickable Mummy. Everything you ever wanted to know about mummification.
- U.S. and World Geography: Free maps from Owl & Mouse.
- Outline Maps from Education Place. Free printables, with and without labels. Great for coloring, tracing, & labeling.
- Lizard Point Quizzes. Online geography quizzes.
- Lots of information plus printable flags and maps here: Ducksters. (Other subjects & activities also available)
- Megamaps are available from Owl & Mouse. Big enough to walk on! These would be great for your kinesthetic learner.
- Coloring Book of Flags from Flags of the World. Full color and background information in addition to printables in several sizes.
- United Kingdom Flag Printables from Activity Village.
- Enchanted Learning has some geography resources for anyone and many more for subscribers.
- Many types of customizable online and printable classroom maps are available at Worksheet Works.
- History Clipart Illustrations and Pictures from Classroom Clipart. Use for a timeline, notebooking pages, or however else you need.
- Portrait Gallery from the University of Texas. Public domain images of historical figures including scientists, politicians, musicians, and many more.
- Famous People printables and activities from Activity Village.
- Famous People coloring pages from Crayola.
- British Kings and Queens from Activity Village.
- You can find printable notebooking biography pages for Artists and Scientists from Homeschool With Index Cards.
- The Historical Person Report page from Guest Hollow provides room for lots of information, including a map of where the person lived.
- Story of the World video links. Videos of songs, documentaries, and more that correspond to the four volumes of The Story of the World. Fantastic resource!
- Sonlight Books arranged by The Story of the World cycles from Home's Cool.
- Literature to Supplement History from Paula's Archives. I love these lists.
- Classical House of Learning: Free classical literature guides following a 4 year cycle.
- The Ultimate Resource and Activity Guide to The Story of the World from Muse of the Morning.
- I love these free planner pages that coordinate with The Story of the World from Homeschool Giveaways.
- Printable Resources for Constitution Day. Reading comprehension, word puzzles, and more.
- Printables and copywork from Harrington Harmonies.
Don't miss all the great resources from Notebooking Pages. They have a lot of free pages, as well as subscription options. (affiliate link)
What are your favorite free or inexpensive resources for teaching History and Geography?
This post is linked here:
You can find these and other resources on my Pinterest board for History:
Follow Karen (Candid Diversions)'s board Learning - History on Pinterest.