And these links are too:
Spiritual / Inner Life
- The Assumption We Cannot Afford by Jen Wilkin.
- Holding Fast to Truth in a Doubting Age by David Schrock.
- In the Heat of the Moment by Staci Eastin at Out of the Ordinary. Great post about dealing with emotions.
- Faith Involves Your Brain, Too by Bonnie Kristian. LOVED this post.
- I'm Done Making My Kid's Childhood Magical by Bunmi Laditan (the brains behind The Honest Toddler)
- How to Raise Happy Kids, According to Science by Eric Barker for The Week.
- How to Write Books with Babies In Your Lap by Emily Wierenga at The Better Mom.
- Balancing Ministry and Motherhood (Or Not) by Shannon McKee at The Better Mom.
- The Pursuit of Community by Heidi Johnston at The Rabbit Room. Long-ish but worth it.
- Cultivating Community by Andrea Birch at I Take Joy.
- Every Christian's 2nd Most Important Book from All Things For Good.
- Going for Blood by Ed Welch at CCEF (Christian Counseling and Education Foundation). No, we probably don't want to think about it and yes, you probably know someone who struggles (or struggled in the past) with this.
- The Porn-Free Family Plan by Tim Challies. This post contains an extensive resource list, and many of the comments are helpful as well. Once again, if you're thinking, I don't know anyone who struggles with this: you're wrong. And if you think, my kids are good kids, it won't happen to them: wrong again. This is a battle and we have to treat it as such. Battles are not won by ignoring them.
- I've never heard about this before, which is a shame: How An Ohio Housewife Flew Around the World, Made History, and Was Then Forgotten by Amy Saunders.
So, why the change? This post explains why: Are You An Amazon Associate? Are You Violating This Term of Service? from Amy Lynn Andrews.
So many blogs I read are actually violating this agreement. It seems unlikely that Amazon will take action against all of them. It's a dumb rule. Why then, did I make the change?
Because I agreed to the Terms of Service when I signed up, even if I didn't understand them at first. I'd like Amazon to change this, but until they do I'll abide by them. If you're a blogger, help spread the word.
Well, that's all I have for this week. What caught your eye?
This post is linked here: