Math can be a dry subject. For those of us who don't necessarily enjoy Math for its own sake, we need all the help we can get in keeping the review from getting tedious. Here are few of the online resources I've used over the years:
Online Games for Review or Fun
- Fun 4 the Brain. Even our 3 year old enjoys this site. Many different games for addition through division.
- Think Fun. This company has produced some of our favorite logic board games but they have a few games available to play online for free.
- Starfall. Primarily a phonics and reading site (one of our favorite sites ever!) but they also have a few free math games. There are more math resources for subscribers, but I'm not one so I can't testify to their quality.
- Math Practice. You can choose the operation and the numbers from 0 to 12. It's timed but a child may prefer this to writing out the answers on a time sheet.
- Free Printable Flashcards from The Schoolbell
- Free Printable Flashcards (Color or Black & White) from Multiplication . com
- Online Math Worksheet Generator from The Math Worksheet Site. Includes Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Fractions, Graphing, Telling Time and much more.
- Kidzone Math. Worksheets by grade level (Preschool - 5th) and a few online games.
- Worksheets for Kindergarten through Fifth Grade from Math Worksheet Wizard. Includes shapes, colors, money, and time worksheets.
- Montessori for Everyone has Math and Geometry free printables.
- A Plus Math has worksheets up through basic Algebra.
- Kids Learning Station has printable worksheets for many subjects and over 100 for Math.
- Math-Aids has dynamically created worksheets for everything from addition to Venn diagrams.
- 1 Homeschool has free printable multiplication workbooks.
- Cool Math 4 Kids has printable lessons, games, and puzzles. We printed their colored guide to long division for Tigger last year and it helped her have a breakthrough on this sometimes confusing skill.
- There are Math downloads, games, and videos on this site: Mrs. Van Dyke.
- If your child needs more review on exponents, squares, and volume there are several printable worksheets here: A-Z Worksheets.
- Algebra Worksheet Generator from Math . com with an option to create an answer sheet with it.
- Mathway Math Problem Solver. Will solve your Algebra equation (also solves many other types of problems up to and including Calculus and Statistics . You might not want to show the kids this site!
- Free Online Graph / Grid Paper. You never know when you might need some. (For our handwriting challenged children, we have them use graph paper to keep their numbers and columns neat while solving equations.)
- Don't forget Donna Young. Her site is amazing and it includes many Math resources as well.
- Homeschool Math has worksheets, lessons, curriculum planners, videos and links to games.
- Living Math! is a great site with lists for books that teach math concepts naturally, among other things. Lots of inspiration here!
Follow Karen (Candid Diversions)'s board For Learning - Math on Pinterest.