Spiritual / Inner Life
- The Myth of Work / Life Balance by Tyler Ward for Relevant.
- Hearing the Creator's Voice: Cosmos vs Master Designer by John Stonestreet. What a fascinating world we get to enjoy.
- 7 Habits That Will Make You Miserable by Paul Angone for Relevant. Ouch.
- Planting Your Flag of Faith by Sally Clarkson at I Take Joy.
- The 10 People in Every Church by Philip Nation. Understand that he is trying to use humor to make a point. (And then try not to be any of these. Because, while this list might not be comprehensive, it does ring true.)
- When Disappointment Derails Your Dreams by Kate Battistelli at The Better Mom
- Book review for the Divergent Trilogy by K.B. Hoyle. I haven't read this series yet (my hold at the library hasn't come in) but I appreciated this review.
- The Three Types of Friends That Every Parent Needs by Kara at Simple Kids. And it might be a good thing to ask ourselves, "Am I being this kind of friend myself?"
- "Princeton Mom" Susan Patton to 20-Somethings: Find Love, Make Babies Now. It's kind of funny to me that this is controversial advice.
- These Kids with Down Syndrome Tell a Mum What to Expect. My sister shared this lovely, inspirational video. Have a tissue handy.
- 9 Things We Should Get Rid of To Help Our Kids by Kristen at We are THAT Family. Pretty sure this went viral but wanted to share it in case anyone missed it.
- Yo, Millennials: Marriage Creates Financial Security, Not Vice Versa by Hadley Heath.
- A Silicon Valley School That Does Not Compute by Matt Richtel writing for the New York Times. Inspiring!
- How to Prepare an Introvert for a Convention by Rebecca at Mom's Mustard Seeds. I'm already taking this advice to heart. (Come meet me in Cincinnati for the GHC! I'm saving some of my people energy for you.)
- Creating a Lifestyle of Learning by Melissa Camara Wilkins at Simple Homeschool. Loved the concluding paragraphs.
- Walking Your Own Blog Path by Jennifer Rizzo. I need to save this one to read again. I seem to forget this far too often.
- 11 French Travel Trips for Visiting America from Mental Floss."It is mandatory to have a smile or a little 'how cute' tilt to your head if you come across a child or pet. Even if they are ugly."
- 23 Mind Blowing Facts from Distractify. (OK, didn't agree with #19 or #22 but "21 Mind Blowing Facts about Time" is still pretty good.)
So, what caught your eye this week?
This post is linked here: