Links for you:
Spiritual / Inner Life
- You Are What - and How - You Read by Rosaria Butterfield.
- A Theologically Sound Eulogy: Or Why Aaron Sorkin got Philip Hoffman Right by David Taylor at Diary of an Arts Pastor.
- 12 Essential Bonhoeffer Quotes from Relevant.
- Are We Missing The Point of Frozen's Let it Go? by Trevin Wax. (Hint: yes.) We took the girls to see Frozen. I have thoughts. Many thoughts. But no time to wrestle them into submission and actually write them.
- One take on Frozen: The Cold That Bothers Us by Greg Forster. Not sure I'm as big a fan as this writer seems to be, but it's a good post.
- If You Don't Have a Dramatic Testimony by Stephen Altrogge.
- The One Thing Christians Should Stop Saying from The Accidental Missionary. Initially, I disagreed with at least point in this post, when the author attributed his life to "dumb luck" but he has since revised the post. Thought-provoking.
- When Gospel Loving Churches Undermine Marriage by Daniel Darling.
- Why Miscarriage Matters When You're Pro-Life from The Lewis Note. First off, I need to say that my close family & friends were compassionate and understanding, always treating our baby as a real person and a real loss, so this is NOT directed at them. It's just important to remember. Miscarriage is tricky. It's awkward. We can't let that stop us from responding with compassion.
- That Picture of My Kitchen from Preschoolers and Peace.
- Discipling Your Kids Is More Than Family Devotions by Derek Brown.
- Using God's Word to Correct In Your Family by Kara Chupp at The Better Mom.
- How to Balance Motherhood and Ambition by Ruth Soukup at The Better Mom.
- Is Motherhood A Burden? by Tracey Eyster at Momlife.
- 10 Surprising Ways to Increase Romance by Sabrina Beasley McDonald. (Or maybe not surprising. But it's always nice to be reminded.)
- You'll Always Be His Mama by Deb DeArmond. OK, I teared up on this one, I admit it.
- The Day I Walked Out on My Husband and Children by Jolene Engle. This exact thing happened to me on my 25th birthday. (25 was harder than 30 for me, for whatever reason) I did the same thing, only I got a cinnamon-sugar pretzel instead of chocolate.
- Resources for Sharing God's Word With Your Sons by Megan Spires at The MOB Society.
- The First Time I Realized He Was A Boy by Dee Kasberger. I may have teared up a little at this one, too.
- In Pursuit of a Slow Education by Jamie Martin at Simple Homeschool.
- It's Time to Build Schools From the Ground Up by Anthony Esolen.
- Finding Helpful Book Reviews by the DHM at The Common Room. Good resources to bookmark.
- On (Not) Preparing Younger Students for Logic by Andrew Seeley at CiRCE Institute. I have conflicting thoughts on this one, but it's a good subject to wrestle.
- College Alternatives for Homeschoolers by Jamie at See Jamie Blog. Yes, our oldest is only 12 but this is really not so far off for us. Time to start planning.
This post is linked here: