Have lost ability to talk in complete sentences so let's skip it and get to the links:
Spiritual / Inner Life
- "Lord, Make Me Popular" by Phil Vischer. (H/T: Jessie) Fantastic post.
- Has "Authenticity" Trumped Holiness? by Brett McCracken.
- Death By Committee from Doctor Then. These issues have been much in the news lately, and our church is currently praying for several difficult local situations. Much to pray about, it seems. (Note: this is not a "Christian" site or post, the perspective is a medical one.)
- Christian Grammy Nominee Natalie Grant Walks Out of the Grammys.
- Related: Is Rock the Devil's Music? by J. Warner Wallace, a post inspired by Natalie Grant's stand. I think this author's position on music issues is close to my own.
- Why I Love an Evening Service by Tim Challies. Doesn't seem like this ought to be as controversial as it's been. (Here's where I have to tell you that Sunday evening is my favorite service of the week.)
- Faith Rising in the East, Setting in the West? by Eric Metaxas.
- 7 Signs You're Reading a Book by a Prosperity Preacher by Aaron Armstrong. " It’s advice that could easily be confused with the message from a fortune cookie."
- How To Tackle Projects That Seem Overwhelming by Andrea Dekker.
- 25 Completely Scientific Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men from Buzzfeed. All in good fun, people, all in good fun. (But my husband has scared me with a ladder more than once. And don't get me started on the ramps the boys across the street used to make when we were kids.)
- Stay at Home Moms: You Don't Owe the World an Explanation by Matt Walsh. I told you I was just going to link to Matt Walsh every week. In this post he responds to a ridiculous post that went viral. I wanted to write a response to that post but I found myself constrained by how angry it made me and answering all the logical fallacies was just going to take too long. So I didn't. But Mr. Walsh did it for me.
- School Ditches Rules and Loses Bullies from TVNZ. Letting kids be kids, works? Who knew! (she said, sarcastically)
- Related: 7 Crippling Behaviors That Keep Children From Growing Into Leaders from Forbes.
- 23 Kids You Meet as a Parent from Buzzfeed. Snort. (Language warning)
- Read Me! Please! Book Titles Rewritten to Get More Clicks from The Millions.
- This 5 Year Old's Surprising Talent from Distractify. I shared this on my FB page but I love it so much I'm sharing it again, just in case you missed it.
This post is linked here: