All in all, a party would probably have been less complicated. But the Birthday Girl is happy and we've had fun and that's what counts.
Other than some stocking stuffers, all our Christmas shopping is done, so bring on the big day!
On the links -
Spiritual / Inner Life
- Mentally Strong People: The 13 Things They Avoid by Cheryl Conner.
- Why Christians Need Flannery O'Connor by Russell Moore.
- The Scandal of the Semi-Churched by Kevin DeYoung.
- Jesus Didn't Call Us to be 'Nice' by Eric Hoke for Relevant.
- Why I Hide Behind My Kids at Church by Emily Wierenga.
- Why Christ Came - To Seek and Save the Lost by Persis for Out of the Ordinary.
- You're Never Really Ready for Marriage by Jared Lafitte for Relevant.
- How to Name a Baby from Wait But Why. (language warning) I've always been fascinated by baby names and trends.
- It's Not a Game by Kara at The Better Mom. Good reminder.
- The Blog is Dead, Long Live the Blog by Jason Kottke.
- Tweeting Myself To Death: The Rise and Fall of @prodigalsam by Sammy Rhodes.
- A Response to Rush Limbaugh on Classical Education by Martin Cothran. Ignorance comes in many forms.
- These Amazing Classic Books Are So Short You Have No Excuse Not to Read Them. Just in case you're adding to your "to-be read" list for 2014.
- Politician: "Let's Treat All Parents Like Felony Child Abusers" by Matt Walsh. The bill in question (here in my home state) has been pulled - which is good but Walsh explains why even non-homeschool parents should care about bills like this.
- Fear the Beard: Observations on the Foot Stomping Whiners, Phil Robertson, and Duck Dynasty by Jay Caruso.
- Duck Dynasty: The Show that Got Away by Pat Archbold. Of all the commentary I've read this week, I think this is the most plausible analysis.
- 5 Ways to Fight With Your Spouse While Putting Up a Christmas Tree by Jon Acuff.
- What Moms Really Want for the Holidays a Christmas Gift Guide by the Honest Toddler.
- Awesome Science Fiction Postage Stamps From Around the World. Genius - combining two cornerstones of nerdiness.
So, what caught your eye this week? Are you ready for Christmas?
This post is linked here: