Spiritual / Inner Life
- Is the Christian Reality Show Fad Harmful to the Faith? by Johnathan Merritt. I have thoughts on this (of course) but nothing coherent enough to share. What do you think about all the "Christian" reality shows popping up these days?
- Millennial Myths and the Real Reasons People Leave the Church by Shane Raynor.
- Keith Getty on What Makes "In Christ Alone" Accepted and Contested by Collin Hansen. I appreciate the Gettys and the music they've written. We are living in a great age for hymns.
- 7 Ways Social Media Makes Pastoring More Difficult by Mike Leake. Read this and have a new appreciation for the pastors who minister to you.
- Tolkien and the Long Defeat by Andrew Barber.
- When Your "Best Of" List Comes Up Empty by Mary Carver.
- Opt Out of the Food Wars by Jess at Making Home.
- Triumph of the Vulgarians by Jonah Goldberg. So unfortunate.
- 8 New Punctuation Marks We Desperately Need by Mike Trapp.
- Learning By Heart by Karen Andreola. Lovely post (as always).
- If The Friends Were Homeschooled by Lora Lynn Fanning. Made me laugh. (Especially loved the Chandler gif for "phonics practice".)
- Family Traditions Keep Kids Pure by Dannah Gresh. There are reasons for family traditions. (And no one is a bigger tradition cop than a kid.)
- Holidays with Parents and In-Laws: Let it Be Good by Susan Yates.
- 24 Insanely Clever Gifts for Book Lovers from Buzzfeed. *cough* (language warning for site)
- Top Picks for Jane Austen Inspired Gifts for 2013 by Laurel Ann at Austenprose. *coughcough*
- TGC Staff Cite Best Books from 2013, if you need some ideas for the Christian Reader in your life.
- 20 Toys for Young Braniacs from Apartment Therapy. I'm not claiming my kids are braniacs, but I'm pretty sure they'd enjoy most of the things on this list.
- 15 Things You Didn't Know About "White Christmas" from Buzzfeed. (language warning for site) Except I totally knew most of these. Owning the DVD with special features (and then watching aforesaid features) will do that for you. Love this movie. I've seen it on the big screen in a theater and it's one of the few I watch every year.
This post may be linked here: