The above is one of my favorite quotes from Patricia O'Conner in her book,Words Fail Me: What Everyone Who Writes Should Know about Writing.
Here are a few more quotes from O'Conner I copied down in my commonplace book while reading this:
- [Jane] Austen does more without words than most writers do with them.
- Writer's Block is not a character flaw, and it's not permanent, or at least not usually.
- If you haven't revised, you're not finished.
- Nothing beats the feeling you get when you're writing something good - except the feeling you get when you're finished.
- Good writing has all the right words - and not to many of them - in all the right places.
Come across any great quotes recently? Do share!
This post is linked here:
This post contains affiliate links. See my Disclosure page for more information.