Any morning that starts in a little doughnut shop with steaming hot coffee and amazingly fresh doughnuts is a Good Morning. I actually wished I had one of those fancy camera phones - you wouldn't believe how much powdered sugar Miss Lili had on her face. But alas, I do not. You'll just have to imagine it. There was so much sugar I told Philip we should powder the rest of her face with it and pretend she was wearing white face for some reason.
Good times. Now for the links!
Spiritual / Inner Life
- What About Giving Thanks? by Melissa at Out of the Ordinary. Yes and amen.
- How Should Christians Respond to Noah the Movie? by Trevin Wax. I concur with this balanced approach.
- Four Reasons We Have Baggage by Allison Vesterfelt.
- Your Best Story by Jon Acuff.
- On Brokenness (and Knock-off Anthropology Vases) by Abbie at M is for Mama.
- 10 Ways to Do Adulthood Well by Jared Lafitte for Relevant. I'd love to start handing this out to people. That might be awkward, though. So maybe just read it and pass the link on to those who need it.
- Ten Times It's Wise to Hold Your Tongue by Lina Abujamra at True Woman. Great list of Scripture to memorize for those of us who are still working on this spiritual discipline.
- Stop Getting in Mean Political Fights on Facebook by Brandon Peach. Facebook should not be our default "argue about politics" location. Some things are just better face to face, when things like tone and facial expression can contribute.
- Naming Your Turtles by Joe Carter. A useful exercise.
- Christian Christmas Grinches by Kevin DeYoung. This is my favorite line: "As Christians, we have more to celebrate than anyone." So much YES.
- The Holy Longing of Happily Ever After by Josh Bishop. Lovely post.
- Gospel Centered S**? by Marci Preheim. Long but worthy to provoke thought and discussion on a tricky subject (and the asterisks are not because I'm ashamed of the word, just trying to deter the multitude of spam I've been getting lately).
- Be Careful About Letting Life Derail the Home Education Train from Mental Multivitamin. Convicting.
- Classical Conversations: Our Year in Review from The Adventures of Bear. The CC program interests me (and I love reading all the blogs about it) but this post is pretty much where we stand too.
- 10 Children's Books Worth (Re)Discovering as an Adult by Austin Sailsbury for Relevant. I've never read several of these. More fuel for the ever growing reading stack.
- Flannery O'Connor's Prayer Journal: A Review by Jonathan Rogers. I may be late to the party but I'm just now discovering O'Connor and her work. Great review.
- Jabberwocky and the Power of Nonsense by Brian Phillips for CiRCE Institute.
- 20 Thoughtful Gifts for the Bookworm in Your Life from Buzzfeed (language warning for this site) Dear People who give me gifts: I need #20 on this list.
- Everything You Need to Know About Pie Crust by Lizzy Mae Early at Your Cup of Cake. Philip's been perfecting his pie crust recipe lately. Could be some useful tips here if your job on Thanksgiving is "bring pies".
- Color Chat: Color in Context by Anne at Play Crafts. Interesting tips for choosing colors in decorating or sewing.
- Giving Thanks in Hitler's Reich by Timothy George at First Things.
- 10 Beautiful Photos of Older People Looking at Younger Reflections of Themselves in The Mirror from Buzzfeed (language warning for this site). Poignant.
- Facts About the Human Brain infographic from ScienceDump.
- 18 Reasons Cats think Humans Are Terrible at Being Cats from Buzzfeed. Sharing for no other reason than it made me laugh.
This post is linked to:
Come see what other folks are sharing on their blogs this week.