As my nephew Fen likes to sing, "dun, dun, DUN". (A trick he learned from the movie The Croods)
Well, anyway, consider yourself warned.
The holiday means I've been a little out of pocket this week so there aren't as many links. But I still want to share those things that caught my eye before all the traveling, eating, & visiting started.
Marriage / Parenting
- Victoria Secret and My Five Year Old Son by Emily Wierenga. Jessie at Vanderbilt Wife shared this one last week and it's just so important, I had to share it again.
- An Open Letter to the Mothers of Preschoolers from Kristen at We Are THAT Family.
- O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree! You're Way Too Big for My House! from Apartment Therapy.
- Librarians' List: 25 Favorite Picture Books of 2013. Could be some great gift ideas here.
- The 18 Worst Things For Left-Handed People from Buzzfeed. To my oldest two daughters: I'm sorry life has saddled you with such a burden. It's not my fault. (Surely, it can't be my fault, right?)
- Neville Longbottom is the Most Important Person in Harry Potter - And Here's Why by Emily Asher-Perrin. Can't say I've ever thought about it this much but there are some interesting points here and if you're a HP fan you're going to want to read this.
- Speaking of HP, here's an interesting post by Ben Blatt: A Textural Analysis of The Hunger Games which compares word and sentences choices the authors of The Hunger Games, Harry Potter and Twilight use.
Like I said, a little light on the links this week. Hope to be back next week with more but in the meantime, Happy Holidays! (Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Advent starts tomorrow...)This post may be linked here: