Links for this week:
Spiritual / Inner Life
- All the Radical I Can Manage by Barnabas Piper. Loved this line: Sometimes all the radical I can manage is that death grip on faith as I’m tossed to and fro. Yes, that, exactly.
- Being True to Yourself is Living a Lie by Trevin Wax.
- When God's Will is Harder Than We Expect by Jen Pollock Michel.
- Make the Bible Your Native Tongue by Tim Kimmel.
- Thoughts on Miley Cyrus by Alli Hill.
- "Old Fashioned" Courtship? from The Duchy of Burgundy Carrots. I've noticed this disconnect as well.
- Bathe Your Children Less Often. I used to feel like a lone prophet in the wilderness on this topic. Now it's green and trendy.
- Being a Mom Matters by Ruth Schwenk. I find this easy to forget as I live the daily round of meals, school work, wiping noses, stepping on legos, cleaning up messes, potty "accidents", temper tantrums (sometimes my own), and fights over who had the playmobil horse first.
- Super Woman is Not God's Goal for You by Hannah Lannigan.
- Get Children Outside - Of Themselves by Zach Franzen.
- Why Having Big Families is Good for You (and Cheaper) by Colin Brazier in the UK Telegraph.
- Fiction Readers are Better People by Rachelle Gardner.
- 11 Things Happy Authors Don't Do by Rachelle Gardner (yes, again). Good to know.
- My Child Doesn't Like X: Homeschooling Meets Resistance by Brandy at Afterthoughts.
- 10 Inspiring Bookshops Around the World. Anyone up for a road (boat, jet) trip?
- How to Avoid Looking Frumpy or Matronly. I'm only 32 and I'm not a "larger" size, but I appreciated this advice. You can be modest without being frumpy.
- My Kitchen Design Inspiration for our DIY Kitchen Remodel. We've looked at a lot of houses lately. Which means I've been thinking about kitchens. (As one does.) This post is exactly what I feel like.
- Don't Change a Thing: 8 Inventions that Never Needed Updating.
- 6 Angry Letters Kids Sent Neil deGrasse Tyson About Pluto. "If there are people that live there they won't exist."
- Funny Science Illustrations. Well, they made me laugh anyway.
- Why is Ebola Deadlier Than Other Viruses? Anyone else need a shower now? And a plastic bubble in which to live?
- People Who Live Inside Water Towers. Repurposed barns? Been there, done that. How about a water tower?
- Stalin's Rope Roads. These things are still in use and I can tell you: there is no sum of money that would convince me to use one.
So, what caught your eye this week?
This post is linked here: