On to the links!
Spiritual / Inner Life
- It's Only Scary When You Don't Know How It Ends by Robin at Pink Dryer Lint. Timely reminder for me in this uncertain season.
- A Baby Changes Everyone, Not Just Everything by Trevin Wax. Love the Lewis quote.
- Meaning is Healthier Than Happiness by Emily Esfahani Smith.
- 12 Truths to Help Us Grow in Our Hatred of Sin by Mike Leake. Practical advice for dealing with sin in our own lives.
- On Whales and Worship Lyrics by Jen Wilkin.
- Are You a Part-Time Churchgoer? You May Be Surprised. Another one by Trevin Wax.
- The Antidote for Discouragement by Megan Rice. Another timely one for me.
- To Love is to Be Vulnerable by Courtney Reissig. I find it very difficult to keep loving when that love is not treated kindly, appreciated, or reciprocated. And yet, I'm supposed to keep loving. Really appreciated this post on love and the cross to keep things in perspective.
- Screen Rules by Elizabeth Foss. These, with customization for our family, make so much sense to me. Hope to refer to this again as my kids get older.
- Easy Ways to Show Teens You Care by Cheryl Pitt. Teen years are upon us in this house (oldest is almost 12!) so I'm soaking in posts like this.
- 5 Tips for Praying With Your Spouse (or Friend) from Do Not Depart.
- A Mother's Law by Nancy at Femina. Appreciate the practical advice like how to pick battles carefully and then not go soft.
- Stop Penalizing Boys for Not Being Able to Sit Still at School by Jessica Lahey in The Atlantic.
- 27 Delightful Obsolete Words It's High Time We Revived from Buzzfeed. I love words. Bring back "grumpish" first, please.
- One Simple Secret for Success as a Writer by Chad R. Allen.
- 10 Signs of a Jane Austen Addiction by Deborah Yaffe.
- Train Yourself to See Impossible Colors. Science is amazing.
- 20 of the Most Charming Little Shopfronts. Anyone up for a little window shopping?
- Bacteria That Call Your Body Home. And now, if you'll excuse me, I must go shower.
So, so cool:
If you'll forgive a little passive-aggression on my part, I'm going to use this cartoon to complain about passive-aggressive Facebookers. (Irony, much?)
So, what caught your eye this week?
This post will be linked here: