Anyway, on to the links:
Spiritual / Inner Life
- The Gentleness of Jesus by Mike Leake. This post talks about a common sin and the grace that changes everything.
- The Western Emperor Has No Clothes On by Conrad Mbewe. Interesting perspective.
- Get Rid of These 6 Things by Tim Challies.
- God Rules the Mundane by Gloria Furman. I needed this one this week (OK, every week).
- Fearfully and Wonderfully Made, Part 1 by Russ Ramsey.
- Ten Darn Good Reasons to Get Married Young and Have Kids Young by Stephen Miller. Of the things I regret in my life, getting married at 18 and having our first child at 20 do NOT make the list. Some of these reasons are why.
- Seven Things Pastors Would Like Church Members to Know About Their Children by Thom Ranier. As a PK myself and now the parent of children whose dad is in the ministry I can tell you that this is right on.
- Five Tips for Enjoying Toddlers by Melissa McDonald.
- Shakespeare in Eleven Steps from Mental Multivitamin. I'm really thankful for homeschool and book blogs that encouraged me to start Shakespeare early with my kids.
- Garage Sales: The Anti-Tutorial by Deb at Not Inadequate.
- Millions Take Part as Traditional Marriage Movement Sweeps Through France. Encouraging, perhaps.
- Heracleion Photos: Lost Egyptian City Revealed After 1,200 Years Under Sea. Incredible.
- Monday Morning Memories from Kevin DeYoung. Crazy that a grainy video of a horse race almost made me cry.
- Like Mother, Like Daughter Library Project. I love our library but it doesn't have the grave, awe inspiring presence in my kids' lives the way our library did when I was a kid.
- And, in honor of Father's Day: The 16 Best Western Movies. I don't agree with all the movies on this list (nor have I seen them all for that matter) but I was thrilled to see my favorite western - the only one I actually own on DVD - made the list.
So, what caught your eye this week?
This post is linked to: