Further prayers that we find the right house without too much delay appreciated.
Now for the links!
Spiritual / Inner Life
- The Silent Struggle by Stephanie at Walking Through the Valley. (The entire blog is convicting and heartbreaking. Do check it out when you have time to spend.)
- Will You Blossom Again? By Margaret Nyman.
- Letter to a Parent Grieving the Loss of a Child by John Piper.
- For When Your Dreams are Dying by Dana at The Better Mom.
- Just Keep Sowing, Just Keep Sowing by Stephen Altrogge.
- What if the Darkness Doesn't Break? By Mike Leake.
- When We Talk About Pre-Marital Sex by Marty Duren. Brutal but necessary post for our time.
- How in the World Am I Supposed to Serve Right Now?! By Laura at Heavenly Homemakers.
- Warning: Photoshopped Women by Mary Kassian.
- Is It "Unspiritual" to Be Discouraged? by Sinclair Ferguson.
- How Not to Grow Spiritually by Daniel Darling.
- Four Lies About Introverts by Amie Patrick.
- The Homemaking Pharisee: We are All Bad Mothers by Lindsey at Road to 31.
- 5 Tools Needed to Reach Today's Teens by Cameron Cole. (Great post for youth leaders but also for parents.)
- Top 10 Ways to Ruin Your Child's Imagination by Justin Taylor based on the book by Anthony Esolen.
- The Power of Talking to Your Child from One Story Ministries. Fascinating research!
- Advice for Raising Godly Children by John Witherspoon, shared by Kevin DeYoung.
- Exhausted New Mom's Hilarious Take on "Expert" Sleep Advice Goes Viral by Rebecca Dube.
- Things I Wished I Knew Before Bringing Home Baby from Brooklyn Limestone
- We Were Homeschool Latin Dropouts from Garner Goings On. Great series on learning Latin.
- Writing Readiness Or: Something Else We Did Late (And it Worked Out Okay) by Brandy at Afterthoughts.
- Don't Be a Chicken! 5 Reasons You Can Homeschool from Homegrown Learners.
- Is the News Making Us Dumb? By Joe Carter. ("Just say 'no' to the 24 hour news cycle", is my motto. This is, of course, fairly easy for us to do as we live quite happily without TV or cable.)
- 40 Inspiring Workspaces of the Famously Creative. From minimalist to over the top, this post illustrates that there are far more ways to be creative than we allow in our stereotyped ideas of the "Creative Type".
- 5 Choices When You're Short on Space by Andrea Decker.
- 10 Alternatives to Popular Kids IKEA Products from Apartment Therapy. (Although if you don't have an IKEA within driving distance, you definitely have my pity. We joke that our next house will have an Expedit in every room. Only - shh - I'm not actually joking.)
- Hidden Artist Within. Karen Andreola talks about Edith Schaeffer's excellent book The Hidden Art of Homemaking. (If you'd like to join an online Bookclub reading through this book, Cindy at Ordo Amoris is hosting one right now: Hidden Art Bookclub Begins.)
- What Type of Pinner Are You? 6 Types of Pinterest Users.
- Solutions for Renters: Bathrooms from Centsational Girl. (sigh)
- Thoughts on Moving from One Place To Another from Diary of an Arts Pastor.
Yummy (Chocolate & Coconut and I am there!):
Great Birthday Party Idea: A Donut Party!
Lovely room (although the link is to an Etsy shop for the quote on the wall):
That's all for this week. I hope our internet access is worked out quickly (right now it's kind of up in the air as to how long it will take to get set up in our new place) so I can keep you up to date on life in the rental house and - soon! - the newest addition to our family.
This post is linked to: