March just has to be better than February, right? (Just in case you missed my news: all my jewelry was stolen last Sunday. The whole experience has been awful and I have good and bad days as far as applying a decent perspective on the situation.)
Spiritual / Inner Life:
- Five Love Languages of Pastors by Thom Ranier. Useful post for those times when you want your pastor to know you love and appreciate him. (I generally just say something like, "Love you, Dad", but that won't be applicable for all of you.)
- Putting My Prayer Life in Order by Courtney at Women Living Well.
- Encouraging words from Kara Chupp: Not the End of the Story.
- Where to Turn in Exhaustion from Aaron Armstrong at Blogging Theologically.
- Read Me When You Are Having a Bad Day by Stephanie O'Dea.
- When Worries Capsize Your Heart by Christina Fox at Domestic Kingdom.
- When You Have to Walk by Faith by Kristen at Celebrate Every Day With Me.
- Why Does Death Still Surprise Us? By Trevin Wax. (See also my post: The Enemy, The Victory and the Hope.)
- When God's Voice Sounds a Lot Like Twila Paris by Jen Schmidt. (Or it might be Plumb. Or a singer at your church.)
- When Your Faith Community Fails You by Sandra Peoples. It will happen. And it works both ways: you, as part of your church, will probably fail someone else at some point. Good advice in this post to remind us to extend grace, even when it's hard.
- Six Types of Selfishness by R.W. Glenn.
- A Story of Suffering: My Wife's Thoughts a Year Later from Retrieving Theology. Powerful post.
- The Blog Entry About Blogging by Carissa at Lowercase Letters. Love the reminder that words are a gift and we have a responsibility to use them well.
- When You Feel Inadequate by Christina Fox.
- Do You Have an In-Law Allergy? from Marriage Life. (I guess someone else needs to tackle the companion piece that comes to mind: When Your In-Laws are Allergic to You.)
- When a Mom's Love is Not Enough: 11 Things We Can Do to Help our Children Through Trials from Mom Life Today.
- Caring for Your Children While You're Away by Heather at Dandelions Picked. No matter how good your children's guardians are while you're on a mission trip or second honeymoon, they are not their parents. Lots of great ideas for here to remind your children how much you love them even when you're not together.
- Another post by Heather: 25 Ways to Love Your Little Girls.
- The Happy, Humble Work of a Mother by Melissa McDonald.
- Thou Shall Have More Kids (In Defense of Bigger Families and Smaller Budgets) by Jen Pollock Michel.
- Sobering but necessary post by Zach Nielsen: Raising Kids in a Pornified Culture. This is a huge problem, folks and the repercussions are long lasting. And ignoring it does not make it go away.
- Not un-related to the above: Oh Be Careful Little Mamas What You Pin from Messy Mom. I have wanted to say something about this for awhile now. I'm glad she did it for me.
- What if Mama is the Strong Willed Daughter? Part 1 and Part 2 by Niki French. (Um, guilty as charged?)
- The Smells that Sell are Simple, not Complex from The Wall Street Journal. Good to know, I guess.
- Making Ends Meet on the Farm: Multiple Income Streams from Rural Living Today. I think this has application outside of farming. The paradigm in the US today seems to be successful folks (or at least folks not drowning in debt or dependence on the government) have multiple streams of income.
- Useful tips: The Ten Commandments of Used Furniture.
- Andrea from Simple Organized Living shares My REAL, Usable, Organized, Unpretty Pantry. Encouragement for those of us with real kitchens and no budget for those matching boxes and tags that are so popular on Pinterest these days.
- The Fleeting Nature of the Fashionably Chic by Lisa Spence.
- Humor post: What Being Homeschooled is Actually Like from Buzzfeed.
- Is Your Child Struggling With Written Narration? from Higher Up and Further In.
- 7 Ways to Look Good on Your Webcam by Rachelle Gardner. You know: just in case you ever have to give an interview or something.
- Why Johnny Cash Still Matters by Russell Moore. Johnny Cash will always matter, as far as I'm concerned.
- Never Confuse These Words Again by Rachelle Gardner. Here's hoping that everyone on Facebook (and every blog writer) will eventually see this post.
- 9 Houses Built Just For Spite from Mental Floss. Oh, the things we do for spite.
- Sheila Gregoire shared a post on Things I Don't Understand. I am right there with her. I don't understand this stuff either.
I love anything made with Heath Bars these days and these look great:
Great roundup of Printable Chore Charts for Kids:
So, what caught your eye this week?
This post will be linked to Saturday Linky Love at Vanderbilt Wife.