1. Do you battle depression? Shannon does. Maybe her post about her battle will encourage you.
2. Sarah has a great post on Games as Essential Curriculum. I've never heard of some of these (and I'm married to a game designer!) but I will definitely be referring to this post the next time my girls put together their Christmas lists.
3. These pictures are interesting: Sarajevo, 1996 / 2011.
4. Powerful post: Perhaps You Should Sue God. (And yes, having just lost a baby who may or may not have had a neural tube defect, this post touched a very raw nerve. I love our baby and I cannot imagine, had he been born with a serious health condition, looking into his tiny, beautiful face and saying, "You should not have been born." I wish he would have been born. I wish I could have held him, even if just for a few hours. I'm his mother. I love him. I love him no matter what.)
5. Maybe the Ritalin debate is Asking the Wrong Question.
6. Just for fun: Otters Who Look Like Benedict Cumberbatch. (If you have to ask, "Who?", then you probably won't find this funny.)
7. More just for fun: If the Downton Abbey Characters were Canine Actors. Bates is spot on, I think. Not sure about Mary.
8. Bad Parenting - Why Americans Need to Toughen Up. (Hat tip to my m-i-l.) Repeat after me: I can just say "no". I am the parent. I can say, "Because I said so." I am the parent. I can say, "You can do it!" (Whether that means tying their own shoes, picking up their toys, or learning to fix their own breakfast.) I am the parent. I will BE the parent.
9. More interesting pictures: Fifth Avenue Windows, 1942.
10. And, just in case that previous link inspires you to get all vintage-y and whatnot: How to Do Victory Rolls. I would love to figure this out for myself. So pretty!
Pins of the week: None. Zip. Zero. Nada.
I am the world's worst Pinterest user, apparently.
Maybe next week?
Until then, I'll share this picture my friend Tarah pinned (which I think you can buy on Etsy):
This post is linked to Saturday Stumbles at Simply Staci.