1. Love these pictures: Growing Up In India 1923-1933. What a different time and way to live.
2. I want a tiger cub now: Taking Care of Tiger Cubs 1944. Who knew it was so exciting to be a zookeeper's wife?
3. This post helped with some of my current homeschooling guilt: Living Learning Lists. Because that kind of thing we actually do right now, unlike, say, opening our Latin textbook. And I'm sure it was educational to help Daddy pull up three rooms of carpet, right?
4. Great post by Katrina on false modesty and pride: This is Probably Wrong, But...
5. Most of this goes over my head, but it was thought provoking (query: does the fact that something "goes over your head" actually make it thought provoking?): I Killed the Internet.
6. Some helpful advice: Keeping From Losing it in the Chaos of a Larger Family. Those "trigger messes" she talks about in the post are the bane of my existence as a mom.
7. Just for fun: 20 Tips on Snagging a Husband, from the leading ladies of period films. This is my favorite (from the British miniseries North and South):
Hang out at train stations.8. Great post from the Common Room about Dorothy Sayers and "Christian" Fiction. I deplore the state of what passes as Christian fiction: most of it is trite, far-fetched and tedious. There are exceptions, of course, but I suppose that's a post for another day.
There's no telling who might turn up.
9. Here's a tutorial for replacing a broken zipper. One of my accomplishments this week was repairing (though not replacing) a zipper on a suitcase that the girls use for their dress up clothes. It wasn't that big a deal but they were impressed and I will take what I can get.
10. I live in the US, not the UK (alas!), but this video designed to inspire Brits to vacation at home really makes me want to go there. Again. Now. (But, since that is not likely to happen, Philip has already said that we will have to consider it for our 15th anniversary which is just 2 years off. I can't wait! (Because, I've already "considered" and yes, I want to go!)
I didn't do much pinning this week. But I'd love to see what you've stumbled across this week. Do share!
This post is linked up to Saturday Stumbles at Simply Staci.