1. Speaking of Facebook: having 354 Facebook friends seemed to be the tipping point after which people were increasingly less happy with their lives. I'm in the clear because I have about one hundred and thirty less than that number. I am not a "friend" collector (although I do admit it makes me a little sad if someone "drops" me).
2. I love these amazing Book Sculptures by Guy Laramee.
3. Compare your favorite Dickens adaptation to these pictures of London Street Life in 1876.
4. German Soldiers (WW1) Preserved in Shelter and Discovered after nearly 100 Years.
5. File this one under Weird News: Hitler had a Son with a French Teenager. Even if it's true, why on earth would you want to prove that Hitler was your father?!
6. 351 Year Old Will Sparks Bitter Dispute. And you thought your family inheritance was tricky.
7. Why Homeschooling is a Boon to a Liberal Society. Obviously, I think homeschooling is beneficial for many reasons and your mileage may vary, depending on how progressive your politics are, but this article attempts to explain why those on the political left ought not to react so negatively to homeschooling.
8. Berenstain Bear Co-Creator Jan Berenstain died. I have fond childhood memories of these books but I have to admit they are not my favorite as a parent. My girls all know they'll have to a) get an older sister or grandparent to read these aloud or b) read it themselves because Mom and Dad do not "do" Berenstain Bears.
9. This is old news now but that 1% tip story that went viral turned out to be (surprise!) a hoax.
10. And, speaking of stories going viral: everyone on Facebook will have heard about Kony by now. This is a real tragedy, but, as this author points out in his post A Tragedy and a Wasted Charity:
The crisis isn’t anything like the video portrays, and there’s nothing one can do that hasn’t already been suggested and pursued.Pins of the week:
I know I'd love these Cherry Cola Cupcakes:
This ribbon storage is brilliant. Plus, you would get to have all those sweet little Tic Tacs first (and I like Tic Tacs way better than Altoids, don't you know):
Another idea for built-in beds (with drawers):
So, what have you stumbled on lately?
This post is linked to Saturday Stumbles at Simply Staci.