1. What I'd Tell My Daughter if She Wanted to Be a Blogger. Plenty of good advice there.
2. Mandi shares 9 Lessons Learned in 9 Years of Marriage. Having been married for almost 13 years myself (!) I can tell you that I wholeheartedly concur with her findings. I especially love her 3rd point: Date Nights are Overrated. Amen. We have four children. The chances for us to get away "just the two of us" are rare. The chances for us to spend time connecting at home if we're purposeful about it are great.
3. Prepare to fall down the rabbit hole: Wishbook Web. Philip and I spent at least an hour looking through the 1988 Sears Christmas catalog and pointing out what we wanted (and what we got). This site has catalogs from 1933 - 1988 so there's sure to be something you remember wanting for Christmas.
4. This is kind of silly but they caught my eye anyway: Renaissance Paintings of Modern Celebrities.
5. Soviet Space Propaganda Posters. Beautiful artwork, but then we'd expect nothing less from the propaganda masters of the 20th century, right?
6. This tool might be useful: What Size Am I? The site has both UK and US measurements and stores.
7. Another great post from Mandi (she was on a roll last week!): Why I Tell My Girls They're Beautiful.
8. Here's a nice infographic on Leap Year. One time Philip and I were in charge of games for a Valentine's Banquet at church and in our trivia game we asked if the year 1900 was a leap year. The answer was "no" (because 1900 is divisible by 4 & 100 but not by 400). There was an argument like you wouldn't believe about this! So, rescue yourself from potential arguments and familiarize yourself with this graphic.
9. For fun: Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Became an Evil Overlord. Good advice for movie villains here. (Such as: "My ventilation ducts will be too small to crawl through.")
10. Man refusing to perform Nazi Salute. What's that line from Kipling? If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs...?
Pins of the week:
I know my girls would love these Jello treats:
and I'm sure they'd love to make their dolls some dresses out of sweater sleeves:
So, what caught your eye this week?
This post is linked to Saturday Stumbles at Simply Staci.