I've been asked how I read so many books, why I read certain books, and other thing like that. Here's a peek at what my to be read stack looks like at this moment.
From the library:
1. The Time Traveler's Guide to Medieval England by Ian Mortimer. Status: started. Picked it up because I like History and because it looked interesting. So far, so good.
2. What Happens When Women Walk in Faith by Lysa TerKeurst. Status: not started. Ordered it because I'm checking out the author as one option for our next Bible study.
3. Vittoria Cottage by D.E. Stevenson. Status: not started & already renewed once. Ordered it because I like vintage fiction.
4. Nanny State by David Harsanyi. Status: not started. Ordered it I think because it was suggested in the book Just Food but I can't actually remember.
5. Homeschooling our Children, Unschooling Ourselves by Alison McKee. Status: started but only just because I'm having trouble getting into it. I ordered this one but I can't remember why. Maybe I was just browsing what our library system offered about homeschooling.
6. The Twilight Years: The Paradox of Britain Between the Wars by Richard Overy. Status: not started. Ordered because of my interest in WW2 and also my respect for Mr. Overy as a writer and historian.
1. Parenting Today's Adolescent by Dennis & Barbara Rainey. My first Paperback Swap book to actually come in. Prince Charming and I both want to read this because - reality check! - we will have a nine year old this year and adolescence is approaching quickly.
2. A Little Folly by Jude Morgan. Prince Charming gave me this novel for my birthday. I can't wait to read it, except for the fact that I have all this other stuff in the stack.
3. Bringing Up Girls by Dr. James Dobson. Pastor Dad dropped this one by today. Can't wait to read it, either.
4. Hard Times by Charles Dickens. This is the next Dickens book I need but our library only has one copy in the entire system. That's just wrong.