A scrapbooking binge, that is. Yes, Friday and Saturday, when not fulfilling other obligations (like, you know, homeschooling, motherhood, etc.), I spent every free second scrapbooking.
Things to note about this excess of creativity:
- 25 completed pages (12 one day, 13 the next)
- Some pages were of Polly's baby days. Yeah, those days were six years ago. But who's counting?
- Most pages were for Sweet Pea's baby album. Again, yes, those pictures documented her birth and early days which were, sad to say, eighteen months ago. Again, who's counting?
- A few pages were pictures as recent as this summer. That's pretty amazing, for me.
- No, I don't work in chronological order, topic order, or any other kind of order. I know, I know. It's completely unlike me. But, believe it or not, I like to just flip through my pictures (which are in chronological order of course) and see what inspiration strikes. This is no excuses time. I'm a recovering perfectionist. (HA!) Sure, I'd love to have magazine quality pages. What I'd love even more than that: finished pages my girls can actually look at.
- I've used up every.single.adhesive. in my supply. Seriously. I have like one tiny sheet of gold picture corners and one little bag of black ones. I don't use these very often (they're actually left over from an album I made my grandparents). Photo splits: gone. Acid free glue stick: gone. Clear photo corners: gone. Adhesive runner that is supposedly re-fillable but never actually refilled properly: also gone.
I think it's time to hit Hobby Lobby or the big M. If I can just get out without buying a bunch of paper. I'm a paper junkie. I love to buy the stuff. Whether I'll use it or not is another question. And I think albums are half off this week. And maybe some cute embellishments...
2 hours ago