Today is the first Saturday where I don't remember having an outside obligation. So, what will we get up to? I hear Playmobil City building upstairs, so I think I know what the girls have chosen for their Saturday fun.
To the links:
Spiritual / Inner Life
- God Loves My Boring, Unimportant Neighborhood by Darren Carlson for TGC.
- Not Enough by Mary at Better Than Eden. I could definitely identify with this post.
- 5 Truths for When the World Seems Against You by Jennifer Deibel.
- 5 Ways to Move from Overwhelmed to Overjoyed by Rachel Wojnarowski for The Better Mom.
- I Am Not Here to Entertain My Children by Jenae at MomLife. Yes. This needs to be said.
- Top 10 Reasons for Marrying Young by Sheila Wray Gregoire at To Love, Honor, and Vacuum. I have some regrets from my teen & young adult years. Marrying the love of my life at 18 isn't one of them. (We celebrated 15 years this year!)
- When Childhood Has Become a Race by Jen Pollock Michel for CT.
- Teach Your Children Who They Are Before the World Teaches Them Who They Should Be by Tricia Goyer for The Better Mom.
- Confronting Reality by Reading Fantasy by Joe Fassler in The Atlantic.
- 7 Highly Effective Ways to Be Your Own Worst Enemy by Thomas Smith for Novel Rocket.
- Want to Write Better Dialogue? Break the Rules by Jeffrey Whitney for The Write Practice.
- The Brazilian Bus Magnate Who's Buying Up All the World's Records by Monte Reel in the New York Times. As Spock would say: "Fascinating." I love records, but no one loves records the way this man does.
- The American Dream Isn't Just About Income by Robert Tracinski in The Federalist.
Made Me Laugh
- Back to School: The 1970s vs. Today by Victoria Fedden. (language warning) I wasn't around in the '70s, and I was homeschooled in the '80s, but I know this is mostly true.
What caught your eye this week?
Linking up with:
P.S.: Don't forget about the Simplified Organization course. The coupon code backtoschool (good for 30% off) will only be good for a few more days - it expires September 2.